ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – SPORTS & EVENT MARKETING / TSMGI MILWAUKEE . . . Recognized as one of Milwaukee’s 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, TSMGI (The Specialized Marketing Group, Inc.) is a sports, event and promotional marketing company, specializing in brand-enhancing programs that embrace creativity, innovation and excitement. TSMGI combines the personalized attention and passion of a small business with the cutting-edge capabilities of a larger one. Founded in 2000, TSMGI client list includes a variety of Fortune 500 companies. TSMGI has been recognized by Chief Marketer Magazine as a “Top 200 Agency” each year since 2008. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Deerfield IL; TSMGI also has offices in Milwaukee, WI, Lexington, KY and Charlotte, NC. For additional information on TSMGI, go to: www.tsmgi.com.
Account Executive – Sports & Event Marketing / Milwaukee is responsible for supporting all aspects of planning, communicating, and executing assigned clients’ sports marketing programs and special events. This position requires a high degree of organization, attention to detail, excellent communication, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to transfer the client’s brand and business strategies into effective sports and event marketing programming.
Primary responsibilities include relationship and program management between TSMGI’s clients and their official sponsored properties, as well as activation and execution of specified marketing programs. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Milwaukee, WI (Third Ward), reporting directly to Account Director. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Performs the day-to-day activities for specifically assigned sports marketing programs to ensure client services are delivered as promised and within approved budgets
- Develops a close, collaborative working relationship with client’s sponsored properties
- Develops a close, collaborative working relationship with the client, and all of their internal and external work-partners
- Ability to understand client’s business, marketing and brand strategies, and enable effective marketing activation
- Strong desire to learn and understanding the sports business industry and brand activation concepts
- Ability to develop clear communications materials (e-mail, Power Point & Excel docs, meeting prep, post-meeting notes & action items, reports, etc)
- Works with vendors, negotiates pricing and facilitates execution to ensure on-time and on-budget
- Prepares comprehensive program status and budget reports for client review
- Supports the development of detailed post-program analysis, reports and recommendations
- Supports cross-functional team engagement (Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, HR, Legal, etc)
- Travels locally (greater Milwaukee) and to TSMGI’s headquarters in the northern suburbs of Chicago on a regular basis
- Understands program budgets and opportunities for cost savings whenever possible
- Facilitates related client hospitality, especially ticket management and fulfillment
- Updates team leader frequently regarding program status, while proactively maintaining consistent and continual communication with department
- Assists with other programs as needed
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years of experience in sports and event marketing (previous agency experience is highly valued)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral, written, and presentations
- Solid interpersonal skills, including timely, quality decision making
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated drive for results
- Accomplished process management skills
- Effective delegation and team development skills
- Models TSMGI’s values (honesty, integrity, friendly, engaging, service-oriented, etc.)
Benefits: TSMGI offers competitive benefits including health care, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), a retirement savings plan; and a friendly, positive and fun work environment.